The BAPA Scholarship aims to assist Bosnian-American students in navigating the educational system and aid them in furthering their professional goals. BAPA recognizes that by helping students further their education, we are investing in the growth of future leaders of the Bosnian-American community.
In 2020, BAPA will enter its fifth year of awarding scholarships to high achieving Bosnian-American students who do important work in their respective communities. In addition to financial support, the BAPA scholarship is meant to provide Bosnian-American students with an opportunity to develop important relationships with like-minded individuals. Scholarship recipients will be working with the BAPA board, mentors, and one another on projects of their choice which will be presented at BAPA’s Annual Forum.
Please see below for eligibility and criteria:
Terms: Two $3,500 scholarships for the 2020 Fall semester plus travel arrangements and lodging to attend the
2020 BAPA Annual Forum. The forum location and dates to be announced.
Eligibility: University and College students in good standing, who demonstrate meaningful engagement within the community.
- Student is enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (incoming college freshmen through college seniors may apply).
- Student demonstrates strong academic standing.
- Student engages in meaningful and long-term service and community involvement.
- Student demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Student may have a financial need or special circumstances that would be alleviated by a BAPA scholarship.
- Student creates a project of his or her choice (with approval and guidance from the BAPA Board). Student may work in conjunction with other scholarship recipients.
Student attends the BAPA Annual Forum and gives a short presentation on his or her project. Forum location varies each year.
The 2020 application is now CLOSED. To receive updates and announcements on future scholarships, please follow us on our social media platforms or sign up to our email newsletter by subscribing at the bottom of the screen!